Quarterly Subscription - Royal Ossetra
Ossetra has long been hailed as one of the most coveted varieties of caviar since it was originally found in the Caspian Sea. Ossetra sturgeon fishlings (otherwise known as the Acipenser Guldenstadtii) have since been relocated to aquaculture farms where they’re now sustainably raised and farmed.
These delightfully firm roe are best known for their nutty flavor and dark color—ranging from black to dark brown with flecks of gold and even white. The pleasing pop and rich, bold sea flavors hold up beautifully to a variety of foods, including heavy creams, sauces, and meat dishes. This culinary versatility gives it universal appeal and makes it one of the most popular caviars in the world today.
- Flavor: Nutty and briny with firm beads
- Size: Medium
- Most Common Color: Black to dark brown with hints of golden brown
- Species: Acipenser Guldenstadtii
- Common Name: Ossetra Sturgeon
- Shelf Life: Four weeks refrigerated
- Shipping: Perishable – ships Overnight with Stay-Fresh™ packing